How to find your workout routine


Choosing a routine that you like can be very challenging. However, just like everything else you must try out different routines in order to find something that you like. Working out can be very challenging not only in terms of getting to the gym and pushing yourself, but also in terms of understanding the science behind it. That being said the people who do understand exercising are often very proud of it and will often try to convince you to do their routine because it worked for them. Give it a try because you will always take something from it, but do not allow yourself to get de-motivated if you don't like it, or if you don't see the same results. Your body, your mentality, your metabolism, your muscle balance, muscle memory, your whole life pretty much is different than mine so most likely our bodies will not react to it the same way. The advice I usually give to my clients is to go there with an open mind and try out different exercises. No one knows you better than you.  Eventually after doing different routines and taking information here and there you will be able to create your own routine. I used to do a workout that I got online. I didn't like it much. However, I loved the cable bicep curl from that routine because I enjoyed doing it, I liked the pump that it gave me and most importantly I saw results. So I moved on to another routine and I squeezed the cable bicep curl in there. After a couple of months I had about 3 different routines that I liked and that worked for me. 

Let’s suppose that it was your goal to become the best "MATH" student in your class. You put your mind to it so you go to the library pick up a book and than begin to study it. After you finish the book you fell very good about it, and you have learned everything in the book. You decide to go through the book for a second time and during the second time you pick up on a few things that you might have missed during your first read. Now you know everything. You will not become the best student from that one book no matter how many times you read it. After a couple of times your brain will remember the information and you have maximized your learning potential from that book. This is how your muscle memory works. You need to make sure that you are not doing the same routine every time because just like the book you will hit a plateau. I recommend that you do your buddies routine once in a while and change it up.

It is great that you are doing your research, you will learn from it. Finding a routine that works for you can be challenging, but not when you became your own coach. 


Your Body! Your Life! Your Call!


Comments